Job Title: Technical Lead
Work Location:1511 East State Road 434, Suite 3033, Winter Springs, FL 32708
Work Schedule: 9am-6pm, Mon-Fri, F/T, 40hrs per week Not a C2C or Remote Position
Mail Resume: Mr. Carey Greenlee – Director of Human Resources
Epic Engineering & Consulting Group, LLC
1511 East State Road 434, Suite 3033 Winter Springs, FL 32708
EPIC Engineering & Consulting Group, LLC (EPIC) works with some of the best organizations in the world. Our work has a direct positive impact on the residents and the environment of our client communities. We are in search of an experienced Data Engineer who has the ability to program in Python. This position offers excellent benefits and is a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive and creative work environment where you can share ideas and contribute to the success of the company and achieve career growth.
At Epic, you will find:
- A strong client base and interesting projects and products to work on
- Opportunity to work with a talented team of professionals who love solving complex problems
- Open minded and encouraging culture for new ideas and methodologies
- Freedom to grow your skills and continue your learning
- Participate in all phases of SDLC including requirement gathering, analysis, project planning, estimation, system design, database design, development, deployment, testing, product support and technical support of various internet, intranet, extranet software applications.
- Design and implement database and storage solutions to accommodate raw, structured, and unstructured data using various tools such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Hadoop
- Participate and assist Project Managers and Sr. Architect while collecting, documenting and analyzing requirements, developing user stories, preparing technical specifications and providing estimates and work plans to ensure successful delivery of given projects
- Develop flowcharts, process/data flow diagrams, UI/UX/mockups, logical/physical data models and documentation to identify requirements and solution design. Translate ideas/concepts to an implementable solution.
- Develop software applications and integrate systems using Object Oriented software design principles and design patterns to attain reusability, low-latency, high-availability, scalability, maintainability and performant applications.
- Design and develop Microservices architectures, n-tier architectures, service-oriented architecture (SOA) applications in a way that makes them more agile, scalable, reusable via service interfaces, resilient and true cloud native using various Microsoft suite and open-source technologies, middleware technologies, and other tool sets/software’s
- Track and manage changes to source code over time by using various SCM/VCS tools such as Azure DevOps, Team Foundation Server (TFS), GitHub, Bitbucket. TortoiseSVN, Rational Synergy, Visual Source Safe. This ensures that developers are always working on the right version of source code.
- Effectively communicate one-on-one with multiple product teams/developers/QA, vendors, Clients, upper management, and non-technical team to deliver software projects.
- Review project requests describing application user needs to estimate time required to accomplish tasks. Plan and allocate work to the team & Mentoring the team. Monitoring development activities and reporting project progress
- Work independently as well as in a team environment to support and prioritize multiple ongoing projects
- Design and Implement security and data encryption to maintain highest levels of data protection
- Participate in knowledge transfer of entire technical landscape and upgrade technology stack to integrate software applications accordingly. Conduct research when necessary, advise on new relevant technology, evaluate alternative solutions and tools as opportunities for innovation and development.
- Provide training, technical support, consultation, and answer infrastructure questions for applications as needed by the team and end-users. Guide the team to use best practices for code optimizations in defining the technical architecture to finalize the DB schema, coding, testing, debugging, documenting of the projects
- Prepare deployment packages, scripts, build and deployment of releases to web various servers IIS, DevOps (on-premises as well as cloud) using batch scripts, PowerShell scripts, Docker, Kubernetes tools and deployment with various release automation pipelines
- Develop, integrate and manage Azure DevOps CICD pipelines for release in a microservices-based architecture and use Azure application Insight, PowerShell and log analytics to debug issues
- Perform rapid and reliable root cause analysis on outages and reported issues, implement fixes and rollbacks on real-time, providing problem resolution end-to-end and communicate to stakeholders
- Perform and coordinate planning, setup and archiving of disaster recovery solution to ensure DevOps system’s robustness to scale, handle rapid growth, and limit exposure to single points of failure and reduce security vulnerabilities
- Deploy software programs, execute post-closure analysis of issues and evaluate user feedback. Also participate in project closure process.
- Accountable for application development supporting business objectives while demonstrating independence in software development lifecycle phases from concept and design to testing.
- Dissect complex algorithms and create enterprise-class software solutions. Identify and isolate problem areas within the entire application flow and investigate the underlying cause and implement solutions.
Bachelor of Science (or its foreign equivalent) in Computer Science. Will accept education evaluation prepared by a qualified credential evaluation service.
60 months experience in the job offered or as a Software Developer or Software Engineer or closely related job title. Experience to include, 60 months of experience in:
- Software Development Methodologies: SCRUM, Waterfall & Agile
- All aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering, analysis, project planning, estimation, system design, database design, development, deployment, testing, product support and technical support of various internet, intranet, extranet software applications.
- Monitoring and supporting software systems, provide technical assistance and resolutions to the customers in the form of bugs/tickets, participate in applications change management and release management, server migration to configure various internet/intranet software projects.
- Participate in both application and infrastructure level requirements documentation including functional, technical, design, architecture documents, test plans, test procedures, task reports, project status report, audit compliance reports, and internal process document preparation.